- This event has passed.
ComIO Basic Training 1&2
March 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$200.00
Community interface is one the most important jobs in any business, government body, or organization. The individuals who work with communities have to understand both the internal systems of their organization as well as their targeted community’s issues in order to best serve them. No two communities are the same, but the skills to dig deep, serve all constituents, and more effectively achieve organizational mandates can be applied universally. Stratiscope’s two-part ComIO Basic Training provides these transferable skills in an engaging format that builds on the actual work of the attendees to enhance their community engagement prowess.
In this online version, ComIO Basic Training is a cumulative 6 hours led by John Bwarie, Founder & CEO of Stratiscope, and Angela Babcock, Vice President of Stratiscope, who together bring more than 40 years of community engagement expertise to their work and ComIO classes.
Though online, these interactive sessions push attendees to think differently about their relationships with individuals and the resulting dynamics. This training reinforces fundamental concepts while introducing components from psychology, sociology, and anthropology to enhance the work of the attendees. These two courses are perquisites to begin the ComIO Certification program.
After attending and fully participating in the ComIO Basic Training, attendees will be able to:
- More effectively engage communities and develop connections
- Better serve more constituents more efficiently
- Enhance their own and their organization’s communication, strategy, and organizing skills
- Develop strategic engagement plans to achieve their mandate
Attendees will also leave the training with:
- A customized engagement framework for their specific role
- Reference materials
- Eligibility to take further courses to become a certified Community Intelligence Officer (ComIO) and be part of the ComIO Network